If you're a candidate for traditional dental crowns, same-day dental crowns may be right for you. CEREC® technology is making dental crown treatment possible in a single dental visit so you can enjoy a restored smile in one day. To find out if same-day crowns are right for you, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Windsor cosmetic dentist Stephen D. Lipman. In the meantime, read on to learn more about same-day dental crowns.
How Are Same-day Crowns Possible?
Same-day crowns are possible thanks to CEREC® technology. CEREC® technology is a highly advanced dental system which makes same-day crowns, porcelain veneers, and other dental fabrications possible. The CEREC® system works by taking digital impressions of the teeth. The digital impressions are then transferred to an in-office milling machine, which crafts a customized ceramic dental crown in practically no time.
What Are the Benefits of Same-day Crowns?
Same-day dental crowns offer many benefits over traditional dental crowns. Same-day crowns are durable restorations that can protect damaged teeth from further injury and improve dental appearance. They offer the same restorative benefits of traditional dental crowns with the added convenience of same-day treatment. Benefits of same-day crowns include:
- No need for multiple dental appointments: Traditional dental crowns generally require two dental appointments, the first to make an impression of the treated tooth and the second to place the completed dental crown. CEREC® technology allows dental crowns to be custom-made in a single dental visit.
- Eliminates the long wait for crown fabrication: Traditional dental crowns are made from impressions sent to a dental lab, which can take more than two weeks to complete. Same-day crowns eliminate the long wait since crowns are made in one dental visit.
- Temporary crowns are not required: Temporary crowns are not required with same-day crown treatment.
- Treatment completed in a single dental visit: Of course, the greatest benefit of same-day crown treatment is that crowns can be placed in a single dental visit.
Candidates for Same-day Crowns
Candidates for same-day dental crowns include any patient who would benefit from traditional dental crown treatment. Candidates for same day dental crowns include those who suffer from one or more of the following:
- Broken teeth: Teeth that are broken, whether from decay or injury, can be treated with same-day dental crowns.
- Teeth weakened by large fillings: Large fillings can weaken the teeth, leaving them prone to breakage. Same-day crowns offer a layer of protection, restoring both the structure and appearance of damaged teeth.
- Severely decayed teeth: Same-day crowns are suitable for those with severely decayed teeth. Crowns can save decayed teeth from requiring extraction.
- Fractured teeth: Cracked or fractured teeth can be restored with same-day dental crowns to prevent further damage.
Are You a Candidate for Same-day Crowns?
Same-day dental crowns can transform your smile in a single dental appointment. To find out if you're a candidate for same-day crowns, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lipman.